Discovering new methodologies and developing language teaching skills for the primary and early secondary classroom. Enhancing language knowledge and increasing cultural awareness, whilst sharing teaching experiences in an objective developmental environment.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult)
- Teacher trainers
- Private Language Tutors
1) To improve foreign language competencies through the improvement of course participants’ language knowledge and understanding of English Language Teaching methodology.
2) To introduce course participants to new English Language Teaching methodologies to use in their personal teaching context.
3) To improve learning performance through self-reflection on personal teaching, and to develop language teaching skills by exploration of classroom materials and teaching options.
4) To observe EFL teaching at the host institution, and analyse teaching in terms of course content and the course participants’ own teaching context.
5) To enhance intercultural awareness by forming connections with colleagues from different countries and sharing teaching experiences in an objective developmental environment.
6) To increase motivation for taking part in future (formal/non-formal) training after the mobility period abroad by encouraging the right approach to Continual Professional Development (CPD), and increasing participants’ awareness of options available for them to use both inside and outside the classroom.
7) For course participants to gain an insight into Maltese culture and heritage through our organized excursions.
1. Explicit instruction in approaches to teaching and learning in English as a Foreign Language
2. Demonstration of current EFL teaching approaches, activities and methodologies
3. A reflective approach to self-evaluation and focus on course participants as members of their specific teaching and learning contexts
4. Observation of other EFL professionals using research and case studies with followup seminar discussion to reinforce course content
5. Peer micro-teaching to increase course participants' awareness of the practicalities of different teaching tools
Before the course start, participants are given a course preparation pack including:
- Information regarding Europass Mobility application
- A needs analysis questionnaire in order to find out course participants' teaching contexts and training requirements
- A recommended reading list for the course
- A set of ‘opening discussion’ tasks to prepare course participants for the content of the course
- A set of EFL articles for course participants to read in preparation for topics explored during the course
- A course timetable
On arrival, participants are also provided with a welcome pack containing a map, student card (entitling them to discounts in various shops, restaurants and venues around Malta), as well as a list of useful contact numbers.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
adventure sports *, basketball, beach games, beach volleyball, bilard, bowling *, diving *, golf *, horse riding *, kitesurfing *, surfing *, table tennis, tennis *, water sports *, windsurfing *, pływanie
boat cruises *, cinema afternoon/evening *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, country walk/trekking, cultural activities, extra grammar lessons, film evenings, film workshops, guided city tours *, guided museum tours *, international evenings, jeep safari *, lectures on various topics, literature workshops, orientation tour, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
Mdina *, Gozo *, Sicily *, Marsaxlokk *, Rabat *, Valetta, Gardens of Malta, The Three Cities *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne