In this course, the participants learn to integrate educational apps and digital tools into their teaching methodology, and became familiar with the latest teaching approaches, in order to be able to foster their students’ engagement and motivation. They also acquire the necessary tools to support each of their pupils’ learning styles.
This course has been specifically designed for language teachers who want to integrate educational apps and digital tools into their methodology, practicing the latest language teaching approaches. Participants will learn about some of the most suitable educational apps for language teaching and language learning, gaining practical experience in the best solutions to foster students’ engagement and motivation. The course will guarantee the participants the necessary knowledge to integrate these apps in the classroom as valuable tools to support each student’s learning style. Moreover, the course will focus on digital tools that help to develop students’ language skills through music, cinema, and arts. At the end of the course, participants will be able to confidently integrate a variety of digital tools into their lesson plans and maintain an effective learning environment in their language class.
The course course will help the participants to:
- Use different educational apps in a language class, providing students with the best learning experience;
- Know the best apps to enrich students’ vocabulary and comprehension;
- Acquire a general overview of the many educational possibilities of using educational apps and the motivational dimension brought to the language classroom when using them;
- Be able to choose the most suitable tools according to students’ needs and learning styles;
- Be able to use Games and Quizzes Apps in the classroom.
1) Monday – Course introduction and Google in the classroom
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
- Google in the classroom
- Managing your language class with Google;
- Blending realia and digital tools in your language class;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
2) Tuesaday – Apps for storytelling
- Best apps to teach with Storytelling: Intro and practice;
- Digital tools to improve your students writing skills with fun;
- Best apps to teach with Comics: Intro and practice.
3) Wednesday – Teaching language through art
- Language teaching with Art and Artful Thinking Strategies: creative digital tools;
- Useful apps to enrich your students’ vocabulary;
- Language teaching with online quizzes
4) Thursday – Teaching language through music
- Language teaching with Music: intro and practice with different apps;
- Grammar is fun: best games and digital tools;
- Best apps to improve students speaking skills.
5) Friday – Teaching language through cinema
- Language teaching with Cinema: practicing with video editing;
- Taking it home and making it happen;
- Implementing what you’ve learned.
SATURDAY– Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.
- Activities: Our courses usually include two cultural activities, including one full-day excursion during the weekend (usually Saturday).
- Certificate: Certificate of Attendance guaranteed for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
- Schedule: Upon the decision of the course provider, classes take place in the Morning (9:00 – 14:00) or in the Afternoon (14:00 – 19:00).
- Course program: The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the trainer delivering the specific session and the requests of the participants. The trainer will send the definitive course schedule approximately two weeks before the course.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
city tour/walk, country walk/trekking, cultural activities, guided city tours, guided museum tours, guided walks, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
Gracia Barrio, La Pedrera, Casa Amatller, Poble Espanyol, Casa Batlló, Aquarium, Montjüic Castle, Picasso Museum, Park Güell
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne