In thi course, the participants learn about Microsoft 365, together with all its tools and techniques, which they can incorporate into their teaching. They are introduced to programmes such as Excel, 1 Drive, and Sway, among others.
This course allows teachers to discover the enormous power of the Microsoft 365 platform by uncovering tools and techniques that they can incorporate into their teaching. The course will cover all the most relevant programs of the Microsoft family: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sway, Stream, One Note, Teams, One Drive and Share Point. Subjects:
- Although applications such as Word and PowerPoint are already widely used, participants will learn how to harness the more advanced techniques of classic tools. Excel is often vastly underestimated, so teachers will discover how to analyze data in a faster and more effective way, learning how to filter and format spreadsheets, and automate functions with the use of macros.
- Sway is a relatively unknown program, and this course will demonstrate how to create impressive interactive presentations for use in the classroom, with a focus on the simple process of sharing them with students and colleagues.
- In addition to these presentations, Stream allows teachers to create a dynamic video database as a platform to share video lessons and content with students in a more controlled manner.
- One Note is an extremely useful tool that allows participants to deliver lessons to their classes in a more interactive way, creating stimulating and interesting content for their students.
- Teachers will also become familiar with Teams, an application that connects students and colleagues in group conferences, enabling clear and effective communication between separate groups.
- The course will also show participants how to use One Drive as a powerful cloud storage space, allowing teachers to access their content everywhere. Finally, it will be revealed how to use SharePoint to create websites for use as a sharing platform for all educational content.
Suggested computer proficiency: Intermediate
The course will help the participants to understand how to use the following tools:
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint: advanced use of the classic tools;
- Microsoft Excel: in-depth, automated functions with macros, sharing data in a proper way;
- Microsoft One Note: create a full lesson plan, embedding content in your pages and share Class Notebooks and exercises with your students;
- Microsoft Sway: create interactive presentations;
- Microsoft Teams: organize a group video-conference;
- Microsoft Stream: open, manage and use the Stream gallery to create videos to use in your classroom;
- Microsoft One Drive: learn how to manage all your files from the same place;
- Share Point: create a website in with you can upload files, materials, plan lessons, link a video repository, share content, and receive content from your students.
1) Monday - Course introduction and intro to Microsoft 365
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
- Intro to Microsoft 365
- Introduction to the Microsoft 365 platform: general description and analysis of its tools and potential;
- Possible targets and outcomes;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
2) Tuesday – The classic programs
- The classic programs: learning how to use known programs (such as Word, Power Point and Excel) in a deep way, exploring the less used features and the most useful tools applicable inside of the learning environment.
3) Wednesday– Using One Note in an educational setting
- Building a complete lesson plan using One Note;
- Discovering how to use Sway in order to create engaging and interactive presentations.
4) Thursday - Teams and stream
- Teams and Stream: with these programs participants will be able to organize and share educational videos and material with students and to create an on-line shared environment where to easily communicate with other users (can be students, teachers or parents).
5) Friday – One Drive
- Discovering One Drive, a space where you can store your educational material and manage it in a productive and efficient way;
- Learn how to use Share Point in order to create a web page with a lot of interesting possibilities that will allow you to make the teacher’s job easier and more engaging.
- Course closure
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Cultural activities
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.
- Activities: Our courses usually include two cultural activities, including one full-day excursion during the weekend (usually Saturday).
- Certificate: Certificate of Attendance guaranteed for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
- Schedule: Upon the decision of the course provider, classes take place in the Morning (9:00 – 14:00) or in the Afternoon (14:00 – 19:00).
- Course program: The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the trainer delivering the specific session and the requests of the participants. The trainer will send the definitive course schedule approximately two weeks before the course.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
city tour/walk, country walk/trekking, cultural activities, guided city tours, guided museum tours, guided walks, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
Gracia Barrio, La Pedrera, Casa Amatller, Poble Espanyol, Casa Batlló, Aquarium, Montjüic Castle, Picasso Museum, Park Güell
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne