This intensive 1 week course is aimed at professionals who would like to develop teaching methods to include technology in the classroom, school or other learning environments. A wide range of free available technologies is introduced and worked on during the course.
This course is for educators and other professionals who would like to experience for themselves a variety of software and online tools in order to integrate technology into their Learning Environments, while also brushing up their own use of English. Specialised knowledge is not required except a basic knowledge of using Microsoft Word and using the Internet. Participants need to be at a B1 level of English.
After registration, partcipants on this course programme will receive:
- A pre-course questionnaire which will enable trainers to learn about the participants' teaching backgrounds
- Information about the Europass Mobility Certificate
- A list of IT-related requirements to prepare participants for the course
- Information about Malta to prepare teachers for their cultural experience
- To enable better skills in technology and ICT
- To introduce an awareness of ways of integrating ICT with teaching methodologies, using hands-on and experiential methods
- To help teachers reflect on their own teaching methods in relation to technology in the classroom today
- To help participants experience hands-on a range of interesting tools, software and programmes which are available as freeware and set up activities linking methodology and technology today
- To further develop participants’ own language skills
- To experience the cultural heritage of Malta with its bilingual linguistic environment
- This course is taught interactively, with input sessions, collaborative and group project work. Participants are actively involved in all sessions.
- Input sessions are in the form of hands-on workshops and could involve brainstorming, analysis and at times problem-solving.
- Sessions help participants set up tools such as Wikis and apply online tools in a scaffolded setting.
- Participants are asked to reflect on the tools and activities, inviting discussion with regard to their own knowledge and skills, their approach to teaching today’s students, and on adaptation of the use of the tools to their teaching and learning situations and contexts.
- Exchange of participants’ ICT and pedagogical knowledge is encouraged through discussion.
- Participants’ own language skills are developed and feedback given where appropriate.
- Participants are also introduced to appropriate websites related to the further development of their teaching skills and personal professional
- The course ends with an evaluation session, where teachers are asked to reflect upon the value of the knowledge gained on the course and its usefulness to them.
- They are also encouraged in this session to come up with a Personal Development Action Plan, and select tools and activities which they would like to try out in their own classes or projects.
- They are invited to join the our Teacher Training Facebook community, which allows networking and contact with the trainers and fellow colleagues, and with participants from other courses.
- Participants are also encouraged to join communities for the POOLS Projects, and other related EU Projects, such as METHODS (Communicative Language Teaching Methods), TOOLS, and CLIL4U.
- Webquests and their learning potential
- Designing a Webquest
- Concordances, Online Dictionaries and Visual Thesaurus
- WIKIs: How they work and Learning Potential
- Creating a WIKI
- Crosswords and Quiz Design
- Using the Interactive Whiteboard
- IWB Activities
- Creating Lessons for IWBs
- Social Programme
- Online Resource Organisation and Sharing
- Editing Images to Create Info-Graphics
- Mind Maps and Word Clouds
- Creating an Online Interactive Maze
- Project Work
PROGRAMME FEES INCLUDES:
- Tuition /Training (1 week) over 5 training days
- Social Programme including Half Day Guided Tours (to Malta’s Capital City Valletta / to the old Medieval City of Mdina)
- Airport Transfers : Shuttle Airport Transfers Arrival + Departure; from/to Malta Airport to /from Accommodation (when booked through our school only!)
- Mobility Euro Pass Certificate
- End-of-Course Certificate
- The School will be closed on public holidays. The schedule for the week including a public holiday will be adjusted to make up the lost training hours on the public holiday on that particular week.
- A social programme including weekly cultural guided tours will be confirmed every Monday. Participation on any activities is optional.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
diving *, golf *, mountain hiking
boat cruises *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, country walk/trekking, cultural activities, guided city tours, international evenings, orientation tour, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
Valetta *, Megalithic temples *, Hypogeum Temple *, Mdina *, The Three Cities *, Blue Grotto *, Marsaxlokk *, Gozo *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne