Communication in a professional context requires a mix of language knowledge and communication skills. Language knowledge gives you the security that you are using the correct forms; communication skills in English give you the ability to build relationships and accomplish tasks. Taken together these two elements create competence in business and professional communication.
This is for all professionals working internationally requiring good communication skills in English. The course is primarily skills-based, not a language learning/development skills course, and the minimum entry level of each participant is a B1 (CEF) or Intermediate level in English. Participants will be encouraged to critically assess their performance as communicators, and will be given training for effective communication.
After registration, partcipants on this course programme will receive:
- A pre-course questionnaire which will enable trainers to learn about the participants' teaching backgrounds
- Information about the Europass Mobility Certificate
- Information about Malta to prepare teachers for their cultural experience
- To enhance both the language needed for participants to operate, teach or speak in an international working environment.
- The course is primarily skills‐based, not a language learning/development skills course,
- To provide training and practice for effective communication and performance.
- To exchange professional knowledge in a multi‐cultural context
- To enable participants to a better understanding of English in use and to expand and build on previous knowledge
- To further develop participants’ fluency through discussion and role play
- To develop vocabulary in English
- To experience the cultural heritage of Malta with its bilingual linguistic environment
- The training course will include both input and ample opportunity for practice and feedback.
- An interactive communicative approach is applied, which will provide participants with experiential learning of skills and training.
- Effective communication skills will be explored, analysed and discussed, developing the participants’ use of their own communication skills in English.
- Sessions will take the form of brainstorming, analysis, problem-solving, and role play, both in pair work and group work, further enabling the participants’ use of English.
- Exchange of participants’ professional knowledge will be encouraged through discussion.
- The course employs a highly interactive and practical approach. Input sessions involve multimedia.
- The course will end with an evaluation session, where participants will be asked to reflect upon the value of the knowledge gained on the course and its usefulness to them.
- A full course report will be prepared for all participants by the trainer and will include all modules covered.
- Introductions. Needs Analysis and Setting Objectives
- Giving Effective Presentations 1: Content/Structure/Delivery/Language
- Socialising Skills and Roleplay
- Being Effective in Meetings: Purpose/Preparation/Process/People and Diversity Factors and Chairing Meetings
- Meetings Role play. Feedback on Communication and Language
- Intercultural Skills: What is Culture? What is Intercultural Competence?
- Giving Effective Presentations 2: Language
- Topic-Based Discussion
- Effective Writing Skills: Communicating by Email
- Presentations Practice and Feedback
- More Presentations Practice OR Effective Telephoning
- Language Clinic and Tips for Language Learning
- Negotiating Skills: Approaches/Features/Negotiation Practices
- Negotiation Role play and Feedback
- Topic-based Discussion and Course Evaluation and Wrap-up
PROGRAMME FEES INCLUDES:
- Tuition /Training (1 week) over 5 training days
- Social Programme including Half Day Guided Tours (to Malta’s Capital City Valletta / to the old Medieval City of Mdina)
- Airport Transfers : Shuttle Airport Transfers Arrival + Departure; from/to Malta Airport to /from Accommodation (when booked through our school only!)
- Mobility Euro Pass Certificate
- End-of-Course Certificate
- The School will be closed on public holidays. The schedule for the week including a public holiday will be adjusted to make up the lost training hours on the public holiday on that particular week.
- A social programme including weekly cultural guided tours will be confirmed every Monday. Participation on any activities is optional.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
diving *, golf *, mountain hiking
boat cruises *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, country walk/trekking, cultural activities, guided city tours, international evenings, orientation tour, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
Valetta *, Megalithic temples *, Hypogeum Temple *, Mdina *, The Three Cities *, Blue Grotto *, Marsaxlokk *, Gozo *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne