The aim of this two-week course is for teachers and teacher trainers to experience a range of interesting activities linking methodology and learning theories to today’s classroom. It covers a broad span of teaching ideas and activities to enliven lessons and make them more motivating. Sessions are practical, include a focus on technology and help teachers reflect on their approach to teaching today's students. The course addresses the needs of language teachers and educators in secondary and adult education.
Teachers of English and other languages who teach in secondary schools or adult education, who would like to refresh their teaching methods and techniques. Participants need to be at a B1 level of English.
After registration, participants on this course programme will receive:
- A pre-course questionnaire which will enable trainers to learn about the participants' teaching backgrounds
- Information about the Europass Mobility Certificate
- A recommended reading list to prepare participants for various aspects of the course
- Information about Malta to prepare teachers for their cultural experience
- To enable a be.er understanding of language teaching and expand and build on previous knowledge, using a range of practical methodologies
- To introduce new areas of teaching methodologies and accompanying techniques, using hands-on experiential methods
- To help teachers reflect on their own teaching methods, contexts and develop teaching skills
- To introduce an awareness of technology and ICT in the classroom today
- To exchange pedagogical information and knowledge in a multi-cultural context
- To further develop participants’ own language skills
- To experience the cultural heritage of Malta with its bilingual linguistic environment
- Sessions demonstrate current EFL approaches, methodologies and techniques.
- An interactive communicative approach is applied, which will provide participants with their own experiential learning of the activities and methodologies.
- Input sessions are in the form of hands-on workshops and involve brainstorming, analysis, problem-solving, and role-play, in group or pair-work.
- Teachers are asked to reflect on the activities, inviting discussion with regard to their own pedagogical knowledge and skills, teaching methods and contexts, and on adaptation of activities to their teaching and learning situations.
- Both teaching and learning are explored, analysed and discussed, further enabling the participants’ use of their communication skills in English.
- Participants are actively involved in the sessions to maximize their learning and to experience activities from their learners’ point of view.
- Participants are also introduced to websites related to the further development of their teaching skills and personal professional development.
- The course ends with an evaluation session, where teachers are asked to reflect upon the value of the knowledge gained on the course.
- Teachers are also encouraged in this session to come up with a Personal Development Action Plan, and select activities which they would like to try out in their own classes.
- They are invited to join our Teacher Training Facebook community, which allows networking and contact with the trainers and fellow colleagues, and with participants from other courses.
- Participants are also encouraged to join communities for the POOLS Projects, and other related EU Projects, such as METHODS (Communicative LanguageTeaching Methods), TOOLS, and CLIL4U.
- In addition, participants are given a post-course 3 month subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop their language knowledge and skills.
- Engaging the Learner: What motivates today’s students?
- Get them Talking! Encouraging your students to speak
- Learner Styles and Multiple Intelligences
- The Chemistry of Words – Collocation
- The Dictation Revival
- Songs and Music and their Learning Potential
- Tell me a Story! Using stories in the classroom
- Using Computers – Exploiting the Internet
- Social Programme
- Using Video and DVDs
- Cuisenaire Rods and Language Learning
- Using Concordances and Dictionaries for Vocabulary
- Grammar Practice Activities
- Setting up Online Activities
- Co-operative Learning
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY - Free days
- Warmers, fillers and coolers
- Drama, Role play and Simulations
- Colloquial English and Idiomatic Language
- Learning Vocabulary
- Using Humour for Language Learning
- You Tube, Video clips and Learning
- Making Pronunciation Fun
- How we really speak
- Social Programme
- Dealing with Learner Errors
- Designing Crosswords and Quizzes
- Teaching Language through Project Work
- Writing Strategies
- Language Development: Speaking Activity and Error Correction
- Course Evaluation
PROGRAMME FEES INCLUDES:
- Tuition /Training (2 weeks) over 10 training days
- Social Programme including Half Day Guided Tours (to Malta’s Capital City Valletta + to the old Medieval City of Mdina)
- Airport Transfers : Shuttle Airport Transfers Arrival + Departure; from/to Malta Airport to /from Accommodation (when booked through our school only!)
- Mobility Euro Pass Certificate
- End-of-Course Certificate
- The School will be closed on public holidays. The schedule for the week including a public holiday will be adjusted to make up the lost training hours on the public holiday on that particular week.
- A social programme including weekly cultural guided tours will be confirmed every Monday. Participation on any activities is optional.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
diving *, golf *, mountain hiking
boat cruises *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, country walk/trekking, cultural activities, guided city tours, international evenings, orientation tour, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
Valetta *, Megalithic temples *, Hypogeum Temple *, Mdina *, The Three Cities *, Blue Grotto *, Marsaxlokk *, Gozo *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne