The aim of the course is to improve participants’ command of English for the classroom and to identify the principles of effective practice in CLIL.
- Explore methodology and material in practical ways appropriate to CLIL
- Raise language awareness and linguistic competence
- Explore key issues of syllabus design
- Develop classroom management skills for CLIL classroom
- Develop assessment procedures
- Lesson planning and scaffolding
- Analysing charts, graphs snd diagrams
- Vocabulary building
- Themed project work
- Providing language of learning, for learning and through learning
Our team of dedicated teacher trainers focuses on practical ideas and techniques in the language classroom and participants are given the opportunity to thoroughly examine developments in language teaching. Participants are also introduced to Irish Life and Culture through a series of lectures, visits and excursions.
1) Timetable: Monday – Friday + 2 Cultural afternoons
2) Hours per week: 20 tuition hours + 2 cultural afternoons
3) Group size: 8 – 10 (Maximum 15)
IT'S POSSIBLE TO BOOK ONLY ONE WEEK (FIRST WEEK OF A TWO-WEEK COURSE).