• To Improve Spanish fluency for teaching and to provide participants working with Spanish the key language and communication skills necessary in personal, academic or professional contexts.
• To enhance individual competency, language skills and fluency in Spanish language in a multi-national environment.
• To promote communication in Spanish between teachers, educational staff and students.
• To improve staff ability to read and understand professional articles and journals published in Spanish in relation to ICT resources.
• To promote ICT effective tools for teachers and learners to better enable them to use Spanish confidently and efficiently.
Preparation Pre-course Preparative Modalities:
- Needs Analysis
- Online resources for pre-course, arrival and cultural information
- Online language level assessment
Practical Arrangements Intra-Course Modalities offered by the Course Provider
- Course tutor
- Pedagogic learning materials included
- Setting of learning objectives
- Ongoing assessment and evaluation including feedback on progress
- Guidance and advice on homework exercises
- Accommodation service (if booked) and pastoral care: 24hr weekend emergency contact
- Optional additional language workshops
- City orientation tour and welcome activity
- Access to school study and media centre
Follow up provided Post-Course Modalities
- A Certificate of Attendance and Achievement
- Europass Mobility
- End of course test and programme evaluation
- Post-course Facebook forum
This course is of significant benefit to:
- Teachers who are non-native speakers of Spanish who are required or intend to teach Spanish or a subject through Spanish (CLIL) as well as those planning to start teaching Spanish.
- Other school educational staff needing to work on projects/exchange programmes/committees with an international dimension.
- Those who need to develop their language skills to study relevant literature or publications in Spanish.
- Those who need to liaise with Spanish-speaking colleagues, counterparts or parents.
a) Daily Teaching Sessions
- Morning: 4 x 50 minutes (3 hrs. 20)
- Afternoon: 1 x 50 minutes
b) Total course contact hours:
1 week: 23 hours
2 weeks: 54 hours
c) Maximum class size: 10
- from 9:15 to 13:00 - Intensive Spanish Language
- from 13:30 to 14:20 - ICT tools for teaching and learning
- afternoons - Optional workshops and activities
*** Saturday CULTURAL TRIP: One Full Day Cultural Visit included in Two-Week Course (optional for 1-wk course)