Develop your ideas and techniques to use in the YL classroom! This course is part of the Young Learner Teacher series delivered on-line, live on Zoom. It is participatory learning wherever you are in the world.
1) Who is this course for?
This course is good for teachers who are new to teaching Young Learners or those who want to review fundamentals of classroom management to help lessons go more smoothly
2) Course objectives:
- Gain confidence working with 5-11 aged children
- Learn how to setting up and managing activities
- Gain techniques to manage behaviour and motivation
- Gather activities and materials for multiple uses
3) Course outline
You will learn about the key differences in teaching younger learners vs adults such as:
Day 1 – YL Challenges; YL Beliefs and Principals
Day 2 – Classroom management; Routines; Stirrers and Settlers
Day 3 – Classroom management; Wall displays; Setting a safe environment
Day 4 – Songs and chants; Fun with Flashcards
Day 5 – Story telling; Arts & Crafts
4) Technical Requirements
Technical Requirements for the Online courses: A good internet connection, a laptop, a Zoom account, headphones with built in microphone.
5) Other information:
- Minimal English level: B2
- Minimum age: 21
- Course lenght: 5 days
- Lessons duration: 5 days x 2 hours of lessons (10 lessons in total)
- Lesson time: 13:30 - 15:30 (UK time)
- Lesson days: Mon - Fri