Discover the latest developments in educational technology, such as mobile apps, online resources, games and learning platforms.
On our Educational Techonology Today course, you will delve into the latest developments in educational technology. You will learn about new tools and also the pedagogical principles and methodologies that underpin them. This will include the use of mobile apps, online resources, games and online learning platforms. You will also develop your language skills and be more confident in using English in the context of educational technology.
You will also be joining a global community of teachers. This fully-inclusive programme includes a series of workshops and talks related to current thinking and trends in the sector, and a full programme of social events for you to explore life and culture in the UK – outside of the classroom.
On this course, you will:
- Strengthen your understanding of current educational technology and the pedagogical principles and methodologies that underpin it
- Learn to use online programmes and mobile apps to help learners develop language skills independently
- Develop your ability to design and use educational materials, resources and tools for inclusive learning
- Understand how to introduce innovation and change into your organisation through ed-tech
- Understand the link between face-to-face, blended, online, formal and non-formal education
- Continue to improved your English language competences
- Online platforms for blended learning
- The flipped classroom
- Using mobile apps for language learning
- Gamification and games in the classroom
- Digital assessment and test creation
- Future of ed-tech
- Online project work and e-portfolios
- Cloud computing and collaboration tools
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for teachers who want to maximise the quality of learning in their classroom through technology in their classroom, or explore new developments. It is also great for managers who would like to understand the effectiveness of education technology in their school or institution. Participants should have an Intermediate (B1) language level at a minimum. Please also note participants should have their own laptop, mobile or device that they are able to use for teaching purposes.
- 21.5 hours of tuition per week
- Accommodation and catering/boarding (according to your choice)
- Weekly plenary lecture by well-known ELT speakers
- Weekly workshops on hot topics
- Weekly cultural talk
- Core programme of social and cultural events including a day excursion to London
- End of course certificate
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
basketball, cycling *, darts, football, sports tournament, table tennis, volleyball
art and craft workshops, bicycle tours *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, cultural activities, guided city tours, international evenings, museum visits, orientation tour, pub and restaurant evenings, theme workshops
London *, Ely Cathedral *, Cambridge
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne