The Edinburgh Festival course is designed to help international students make the most of the theatre, music, comedy and dance performances at Edinburgh’s famous annual festival of the arts, which is held in August. The course is perfect for you if:
- You are interested in performing arts and want to attend a world-famous festival
- You would like to take classes in arts-related English to help you make the most of the festival
- You want to be part of a group and to discuss performances with other international students
- You want to benefit from local knowledge of the festival in order to choose the most interesting events
- You want to discover the attractions of Edinburgh during the summer and improve your confidence in English
Each week you will receive:
- 20 lessons of General English
- 8 Edinburgh Festival lessons
- 7 sessions in our school clubs / on our e-learning platform
- General English classes
Our wide-ranging syllabus will develop your overall linguistic skills, helping you to read, write, understand and speak English with confidence and clarity. Where appropriate, you will use our specially designed notes in the classroom as part of the e-learning system.
- Edinburgh Festival classes
Your festival classes will include discussions of performances with other international students, learning new arts-related vocabulary, writing reviews of shows you have seen and practising creative writing in English. These classes are a highly enjoyable way to improve your speaking and communication skills as you share ideas and interact with other members of the class.
-E-learning / Clubs
This sessions will allow you to practise and develop what you have learnt in the classroom with our e-learning platform and school clubs.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
bilard *, bowling *, golf *, ice scating *, mountain hiking, rugby *, skiing *
bicycle tours *, city tour/walk, concerts *, cultural activities, cultural events and festivals, dance lessons/workshops *, film evenings, games nights, hiking tours - wspinaczka górska, international evenings, international food day, karaoke *, live music / music nights, museum visits, orientation tour, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng, visits to music festivals
Highland Loch and Glens *, St. Andrews *, Edinburgh Castle *, Glasgow *, Stockbridge Market, Arthur’s Seat, The Scott Monument, The Royal Mile
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne