The course has been created for teachers who wish to learn more about the use of IT and communication technology in their classrooms.
Participants will take part in small practical group tasks which will show them how to incorporate technology into their lessons to make them more effective and enjoyable. Emphasis will be placed on the most popular social media, as well as on new Web platforms for education. We will also learn about privacy and the safe use of social media, student versus teacher roles and digital classroom management.
By the end of this course, participants will know how to use social networking platforms and web 2.0 to share their work, create groups, use free resources and apps, and cooperate with others online.
- Using Social Media in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
- Platforms for audio-visual materials: how to make a search easier, creating playlist about different topics, sharing and embedding videos and playlists, making and editing your own videos;
- Making great visual presentations using one of the most popular tools at present; practicing and improving your presentation and communication skills;
- Creating mind maps to achieve a better understanding of contents; putting your ideas into mind maps and presenting them; giving assignments through mind maps; practice and group work;
- Online platforms for communication: managing a virtual classroom, sending assignments, searching and sharing useful materials, communicating with students and parents;
- Creating your personal teaching blog; teaching your students how to use blogs to create portfolios and to develop learning autonomy;
- Motivating students through serious digital games;
- Creating and proposing online quizzes;
- Building awareness about ethical issues related to Social Media and Web Platforms.
Target audience: Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Careers officers; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
- Activities included: if not otherwise specified all courses includes at least one city guided tour and one full day excursion.
- Lessons are from Monday to Saturday, if not stated otherwise.
- Course Schedule: Course will take place in Morning (9 – 13:45) or in the Afternoon (14:00 – 18:45).
- Platform: participants will have free access to our e-learning platform.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
bowling *, horse riding *, mountain hiking, skating *
city tour/walk, conversation practice, cultural activities, guided city tours, guided museum tours, international evenings, jeep safari *, literature workshops, orientation tour, pronunciation lessons/workshops, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
National Museum of Ireland, Mespil Road Food Market, Cliffs of Hoher *, Phoenix Park, Safari *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne