Course: Student-centered Classroom: teachers as promoters of active learning!
This Erasmus+ course has been created for teachers who want to learn more about managing an effective and up to date classroom that encourages participation and engaged learning using the latest techniques.
Through interactive activities, participants will learn how to promote a student-centred learning environment. Student-centred methods have been proven to be superior to the traditional teacher-centred approach to education. Student-centred methods sustain both students’ autonomy and cooperation. They also facilitate short and long-term memory, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, self-confidence and motivation.
By the end of the course, participants will not only have acquired more knowledge about student-centred approaches, but they will also be able to take away ideas about practical, innovative solution to apply in their classrooms.
- Awareness about what supports effective learning;
- Choosing practical solutions to encourage students to solve problems, formulate complex questions, debate, explain and brainstorm during class;
- Managing and evaluating team-work while students are involved in cooperative projects and problem-solving tasks;
- Supporting students in facing challenges and in learning by doing;
- Theoretical knowledge and practical skills about new methods such as: the Flipped Classroom, Project-Based Learning, Problem-Based Learning, Case-Based Instruction, Discovery Learning.
Target audience: Teachers: (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Teacher trainers; Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
- Activities included: if not otherwise specified all courses includes at least one city guided tour and one full day excursion.
- Lessons are from Monday to Saturday, if not stated otherwise.
- Course Schedule: Course will take place in Morning (9 – 13:45) or in the Afternoon (14:00 – 18:45).
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
bowling *, horse riding *, mountain hiking, skating *
city tour/walk, conversation practice, cultural activities, guided city tours, guided museum tours, international evenings, jeep safari *, literature workshops, orientation tour, pronunciation lessons/workshops, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
National Museum of Ireland, Mespil Road Food Market, Cliffs of Hoher *, Phoenix Park, Safari *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne