This course aims at developing teachers’ fluency and accuracy in the English language. It also takes a multidisciplinary approach to understanding CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) methodology and introduces participants to how the theory can relate to their own classroom practice. Includes CLIL lesson planning, resources, and the creation of materials.
The Intensive English Course and CLIL addresses teachers of all subjects who would like to refresh and broaden their skills in the English language, implement CLIL methodology in their classes, understand its principles and applications, and find resources and lesson materials.
By the end of the course, participants will feel more confident in speaking and writing in English. They will have also learned the key principle of CLIL lesson planning, material development and the integration of content and language teaching.
The Intensive English and CLIL Course will help the participants to:
- Improve their English language proficiency and become more comfortable with teaching their courses in English to non-native speakers of English;
- Learn techniques and new skills for teaching their academic content in English and become better equipped to develop and incorporate activities that involve the four basic skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) into their classrooms;
- Gain new ideas and approaches for assessing language learners, correcting errors, and including more pair and group work.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
- Activities: all courses include at least one guided city tour and one full-day excursion (usually on Saturday).
- Certificate: all our courses guarantee a Certificate of Attendance if 80% of the lessons will be attended.
- Lessons: classes take place in the Morning (9:00 – 13:45) or in the Afternoon (14:00 – 18:45).
- Platform: participants will have free access to our e-learning platform.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
bowling *, horse riding *, mountain hiking, skating *
city tour/walk, conversation practice, cultural activities, guided city tours, guided museum tours, international evenings, jeep safari *, literature workshops, orientation tour, pronunciation lessons/workshops, pub and restaurant evenings, sightseeng
National Museum of Ireland, Mespil Road Food Market, Cliffs of Hoher *, Phoenix Park, Safari *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne