SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: INTERMEDIATE!
WEEK ONE: Microsoft for Education: Powerful Tools to Create, Share and Inspire
This course allows teachers to discover the enormous power of the Microsoft 365 platform, revealing tools and techniques, which they can incorporate into their teaching. The course will cover all the most relevant programs of the Microsoft family: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sway, Stream, One Note, Teams, One Drive and Share Point.
- Although applications such as Word and PowerPoint are already widely used, participants will learn how to harness the more advanced techniques of classic tools. Excel is often vastly underestimated, so teachers will discover how to analyze data in a faster and more effective way, learning how to filter and format spreadsheets, and automate functions with the use of macros.
- Sway is a relatively unknown program, and this course will demonstrate how to create impressive interactive presentations for use in the classroom, with a focus on the simple process of sharing them with students and colleagues. In addition to these presentations, Stream allows teachers to create a dynamic video database as a platform to share video lessons and content with students in a more controlled manner.
- One Note is an extremely useful tool that allows participants to deliver lessons to their classes in a more interactive way, creating stimulating and interesting content for your students. Teachers will also become familiar with Teams, an application that connects students and colleagues in group conferences, enabling clear and effective communication between separate groups.
- The course will also show participants how to use One Drive as a powerful cloud storage space, allowing teachers to access their content everywhere. Finally, it will be revealed how to use SharePoint to create websites for use as a sharing platform for all educational content.
The course will help the participants to understand how to use the following tools:
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint: advanced use of the classic tools
- Microsoft Excel: in-depth, automated functions with macros, sharing data in a proper way
- Microsoft One Note: create a full lesson plan, embedding content in your pages and share Class Notebooks and exercises with your students
- Microsoft Sway: create interactive presentations
- Microsoft Teams: organize a group video-conference
- Microsoft Stream: open, manage and use the Stream gallery to create videos to use in your classroom
- Microsoft One Drive: learn how to manage all your files from the same place
- Share Point: create a website in with you can upload files, materials, plan lessons, link a video repository, share content, and receive content from your students.
WEEK TWO: Web Solutions for the Classroom
This course is designed for teachers who would like to further their knowledge on the use of ICT in class and to experiment with new enjoyable tools. The course will focus on web solutions such as Edmodo, Google educational tools, online Quizzes and others.
During the course, participants will learn by doing: working in groups, they will have the opportunity to test different tools directly and to share examples about how to use them in class. The techniques acquired in the course will enable teachers to make their lessons more engaging for their students thus making them more effective. Upon completion of the course teachers will be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of many different ICT tools and will know how to exploit them in the classroom in a safe and useful way.
The course will help the participants to:
- Use audiovisual platforms, making a search easier, creating playlists about different topics, sharing and embedding videos and playlists;
- Use online platforms for communication and sharing: managing a virtual classroom, sending assignments, searching and sharing useful materials, communicating with students and parents;
- Know Google Drive and Google Apps used as educational resources;
- Motivate students through serious digital games and online quizzes.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs
- Teacher trainers; Headteachers
- Principals, Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Course include at least one guided city tour and one full-day excursion (usually on Saturday). Participants will have free access to our e-learning platform as well.