This course is aimed at non-native language teachers or other subjects, working in primary schools, who have just started using CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) or
intend to implement this approach in their classroom. CLIL is used in schools to teach subjects such as general science, art and maths, using a foreign language. Whether it is the language teacher teaching another subject in a foreign language or the subject teacher using a foreign language to teach content, both lead to the integrated learning of content and language. This course will help primary school teachers build their confidence to use English in their classroom as well as provide them with the basic principles of CLIL methodology and practical ideas that can be applied to their CLIL lessons.
Teachers will normally have a level of spoken English equivalent to A2 or
higher (Pre-Intermediate or higher). Applicant must be a primary school teacher.
Each applicant will be asked to complete an enrolment form before the course starts. This will make it possible to plan around the participants’ needs. Each applicant is required to bring to class some materials related to the subject they would like to teach in English e.g. texts on a specific topic, pictures related to this topic and any links to online material related to this same topic. Preferably the texts should be already in English. This material will be used to create CLIL materials.
• brush up their English
• have the opportunity to practise English and gain confidence
• engage in a number of activities that can in turn be used in the classroom
• gain confidence in teaching through English
• become more familiar with CLIL methodology
• be better able to plan lessons using CLIL methodology
• be provided with some hands-on activities and ideas.
The course will include the following units
1) Language Development
• Language awareness: exploring and building up lexical and grammatical areas
• Developing the four languages skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing
• Communication skills: gaining confidence and fluency
• Phonology: working on stress, rhythm, intonation and phonetic sounds and symbols
• Increasing awareness of key methods and approaches used in English Language Teaching
• Experimenting with classroom techniques e.g. using authentic materials, using ICT, etc.
2) CLIL Methodology
• History of CLIL
• CLIL principles
• An overview of different CLIL approaches
• The implementation of CLIL programs
• Language and skills awareness and support strategies
• Intercultural awareness in CLIL
• Techniques used in CLIL, for example, using puppets, word walls etc.
• Adapting textbooks and authentic materials for CLIL lessons
• Using online material
• CLIL lesson planning
• Hands-on ideas and activities for CLIL lessons
• Creating own CLIL materials.
UWAGA: przy zamówieniu zakwaterowania w mieszkaniu jest obowiązkowo rezerwowany transfer w obie strony- po 20 EUR w jędną stronę, czyli łącznie 40 EUR.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
bowling *, cycling *, diving *, horse riding *, surfing *, windsurfing *
boat cruises *, boat party *, cheese & wine tasting *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, cultural activities, dinner in a typical restaurant *, international evenings, jeep safari *, museum visits, pronunciation lessons/workshops, pub and restaurant evenings, school party, theatre or cinema visit *, wine tasting *
Mdina *, Valetta *, Gozo *, Comino *, Blue Lagoon *, Sicily *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne