This course is aimed at nonnative language teachers or teachers of other subjects, working in secondary schools, who have just started using CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) or intend to implement this approach in their classroom. CLIL is used in schools to teach subjects such as sciences, history and maths, using a foreign language. Whether it is the language teacher teaching another subject in a foreign language or the subject teacher using a foreign language to teach content, the outcome will be the integrated learning of both content and language. This course will provide teachers with the knowledge of the underlying CLIL principles and many practical ideas for their CLIL lessons.
Teachers attending this course must have a minimum level of A2 spoken English (Pre- Intermediate or higher). Applicant needs to be a secondary school teacher.
Each applicant will be asked to complete an enrolment form before the course starts. This will enable us to assess to the participants’ needs. Each applicant is required to bring to class some materials related to the subject they would like to teach in English e.g. texts on a specific topic, related pictures and online materials, etc. Preferably the texts should be already in English. This material will be used to create CLIL materials.
• gain confidence in teaching through English
• become more familiar with CLIL methodology
• be better able to plan lessons using CLIL methodology
• be provided with some hands-on activities and ideas.
The course will include the following units
• History of CLIL
• An overview of different CLIL approaches
• The underlying principles of CLIL
• Support strategies to help students improve in all four language skills while learning other subjects
• Focus on thinking and learning skills
• Intercultural awareness in CLIL lessons
• Adapting textbook and authentic materials for CLIL lessons
• Using online material
• Evaluating CLIL materials
• CLIL Lesson planning
• Hands-on ideas and activities for CLIL lessons
• Assessment and evaluation in CLIL
• Project work – creating CLIL materials
• Presentation of project work.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
bowling *, cycling *, diving *, horse riding *, surfing *, windsurfing *
boat cruises *, boat party *, cheese & wine tasting *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, cultural activities, dinner in a typical restaurant *, international evenings, jeep safari *, museum visits, pronunciation lessons/workshops, pub and restaurant evenings, school party, theatre or cinema visit *, wine tasting *
Mdina *, Valetta *, Gozo *, Comino *, Blue Lagoon *, Sicily *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne