This course is aimed at non-native teachers and educational staff who are interested in developing their English language skills to be able to communicate more effectively. Participants will be able to ‘brush up’ their English through a variety of interactive activities in the classroom. The course also includes a number of lessons that focus on cultural topics, for instance, local traditions, history and geography. Our English speaking environment is an opportunity for the participants to start using the language outside the classroom.
Applicant should have an A1/A2 (Elementary and Weak Pre-Intermediate) level of English. (Applicant will be asked to take a placement test on the first day of the course). Applicant must be a teacher or educational staff.
Each applicant will be asked to complete an enrolment form before the course starts. This will make it possible to plan around the participants’ needs.
• enhance their knowledge of general English working towards an A2 level and higher
• have the opportunity to practise English and gain confidence in using the language.
• engage in a number of practical activities that encourage critical thinking.
• explore English from a cultural perspective.
The course will include the following units
• Language awareness: exploring and building up lexical and grammatical areas.
• Developing the four languages skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
• Communication skills: gaining confidence and fluency.
• Phonology: working on stress, rhythm, intonation and phonetic sounds and symbols.
Language Development through Cultural topics
• English Language Development linked with Maltese cultural aspects, for instance,
• historical facts
• culture and traditions
• geographical features of the islands
• feasts and celebrations.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
bowling *, cycling *, diving *, horse riding *, surfing *, windsurfing *
boat cruises *, boat party *, cheese & wine tasting *, city tour/walk, conversation practice, cultural activities, dinner in a typical restaurant *, international evenings, jeep safari *, museum visits, pronunciation lessons/workshops, pub and restaurant evenings, school party, theatre or cinema visit *, wine tasting *
Mdina *, Valetta *, Gozo *, Comino *, Blue Lagoon *, Sicily *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne