This course is a hands-on approach to using modern technologies in the classroom such as Interactive Whiteboards (IWBs), audio & video resources, APPs and Online Resources, and Vlogging. Also includes mid-week training days held in Valletta and Mdina where participants have the opportunity to view some of the historical and cultural sights while carrying out practical training.
Aimed at School Principals, Subject Department heads, teacher support/development staff, primary & secondary-level teachers (all subjects).
English levels: Intermediate (B1)
This course is one of our successful teaching training packages offering practitioners an interesting programme of activities centred on the creative use of technology. Participants will gain theoretical and practical knowledge from our experienced staff for the duration of the course and it is hoped that you will be able to bring your own wealth of ideas to share in our friendly and informal discussions.
It is strongly recommended that you bring a laptop and a handheld device, such as a small tablet or mobile phone, to the course so that you can participate fully in the practical elements of the programme.
The 10 day course covers the following topics and give one day of theory and and one day of practice for each topic. Practice uses these ideas to plan, resource and deliver a creative teaching experience using technology.
INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARDS AND PRESENTING
- You will self-assess your own technology skills and demonstrate them in the classroom
- You will share, plan and gain new ideas through discussion and through a paired creative technology teaching task
- You will improve self-confidence, particularly in admitting to one’s own ‘weaknesses’
- You will critique a bank of paper-based resources produced for the classroom using Word
- You will share ideas about current practice when creating paperbased resources and decide what makes a ‘good’ resource
- You will briefly discuss ideas for making these resources more ‘fun’
- You will design and produce a personal bank of paper-based resources and activity ideas for use in your own classroom using Word or other programmes
- You will share your own ideas with others
APPS AND ONLINE RESOURCES
- You will research and use a range of APPs and other online resource on electronic devices
- You will evaluate the use of these resources by students and teachers of English
- You will plan and film a Vlog (or similar videoed activity) in small groups
- You will self- and peer assess the videoed tasks
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
adventure sports *, archery *, bilard *, bowling *, bungee jumping *, canoeing *, climbing *, diving *, extreme sports *, horse riding *, kitesurfing *, mountain hiking *, parachute jumping *, snorkeling *, surfing *, tennis *, water sports *, white water rafting *, windsurfing *
bicycle tours *, boat cruises *, city tour/walk, cultural activities, guided city tours *, guided museum tours *, hiking tours - wspinaczka górska *, international evenings, orientation tour, pub and restaurant evenings, school party, sightseeing with a guide *, theatre or cinema visit *
Gozo *, Valetta *, Blue Lagoon *, Dolphin Interaction Park *, Malta National Aquarium *, Mellieha Water Fun Park *, Mdina *, Sicily *, Dingli Cliffs *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne