This course has been created for teachers who are interested in using audiovisuals (including video making) and social media and to make their lessons more engaging and to encourage teamwork. Participants will take part in a wide range of practical activities (no prior knowledge of social medias and video-making techniques is required). The course will introduce video making techniques: from shooting and editing videos with the students, to adapting already existing audio-visual resources (film and music clips, documentaries, news etc.). It will be introduced also some easy web-based solutions through which teachers and students can easily dub and subtitle videos in a variety of languages. Participants will also learn how to use web resources and Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Google apps, blogs, Edmodo as educational tools. Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on the first Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Target Audience: Teachers (Pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs); Teacher trainers; Careers officers, educational guides and counselors; Head teachers/principals/managers of schools.
- Being able to write a plot and a script in accordance with teaching objectives
- Knowing how to manage students’ team work to create a script and a video
- Being familiar with basic techniques for video-shooting
- Acquiring skills to editing photos and videos
- Knowing how to dub and to add subtitles in a creative manner using web tools
- Using Facebook in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials
- YouTube: how to make a search easier, creating playlist about different topics, sharing and embedding videos and playlists, creating your own YouTube videos, using YouTube as a tool for revision
- Edmodo: managing a virtual classroom, sending assignments, searching and sharing useful materials, communicating with students and parents
- Proposing tasks and exercises through Instagram
- Image sharing through Pinterest
- Knowledge about ethical issues and skills to manage privacy settings for a safe use of Social Media
- Knowledge about the safe use of social media, digital classroom management and how to work with audiovisual material in a productive and motivating manner.
*The detailed course content will be agreed upon before each session according to the needs and requests of the participants.
- Warm up Games
- Course Introduction
- Managing, searching and publishing images and videos
- Introduction to the history of filming techniques through the use of movie samples
- Movie: definition of the subject
- Definition of the story
- Writing of the script; How to use a script to teach a subject
- Shooting Techniques
- The movie: How to motivate the participants
- How to use the camera
- Making of the Movie
- Editing a Video
- Writing subtitles and dubbing a clip
- Film Vision
- Course reflection and evaluation
- Course Evaluation,
- 1-day Excursion
- Course Introductions
- What social technologies do you use in your classroom?
- Social technologies in the classrooms
- Pair and group work activities, reflection and questions
- Social networks: Facebook and Twitter
- Managing a Social Classroom: Instructions, Monitoring, Feedback
- Activities, reflection and questions
- Social video platforms: YouTube and Vine
- Practical activities, reflection and questions
- Social photo sharing platforms: Instagram and Pinterest
Activities, reflection and questions
- Developing an e-Safe classroom
- Encourage students to be digitally literate as well as safe and responsible social users
- Reflection and questions
- Certificates of attendance and Closing Ceremony.
Free time activities offered to all our courses in Florence include: 2 City Guided Tours of Florence and a 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday). Other free time, optional, activities include 1 Meeting about ERASMUS+ opportunities for schools, teachers and learners. Those meetings have produced several EUROPEAN LLP and ERASMUS+ Partnerships among schools in the last 10 years.
Przykładowe zajęcia dodatkowe:
cycling *, mountain biking *, tennis *, tango milonga *
art and craft workshops, bicycle tours *, boat cruises *, city tour/walk, cooking lessons *, country walk/trekking, guided city tours, guided museum tours *, guided walks, joga, museum visits *, orientation tour, walking tour, hiking tours
Pisa *, Chianti *, Venice *, Cinque Terre *, Museo dell’Opera del Duomo *, Medici Villas *
* zajęcia dodatkowo płatne